I can remember my mum making these at home when I was little…..
When my kids requested to me to make some Can Stilts I thought “why not?”
You will need these supplies:
- 4 unlabeled empty cans (above I used 400g tins but the bigger cans will be better for little ones for balance)
- thin rope or garden twine
- electric glue gun and glue sticks
- Fiskars craft drill or hand drill
- Fiskars trimmer
- protective mat for your work bench – I used a heat resistant teflon sheet
- Patterned cardstock or paint/brushes to decorate cans
Get your child to hold the string up and then tie a knot where they feel comfortable to hold it.
There they are done!
My Daughter has it down already. I think my 4 yr old needs the wider cans to be more confident. Looks like I should buy big cans of fruit. Yum Yum!!!!
All the best and have fun!