This is my first Festive Friday blog hop….
originated at Terri Sprouls blog – The idea is to make Christmas cards throughout the year and you will have a more relaxing Christmas as you will already have them all…. Groovy!
Takes place every 2nd and 4th Friday of every month.
Oh by the way I’m a day ahead of everyone else here in New Zealand. Theirs will go up tomorrow. ;)
Here are the blogs taking part:
Vicky Breslin: missvickyb.blogspot.com
Brwnwyne Velazquez: Scrappinkitty.blogspot.com
Terri Sproul: Terrisproul.blogspot.com
Debra Buckland: Artycrafty.wordpress.com -ME!!!
Lisa Bebi: Lisabebi.blogspot.com
Some of us will give you instructions and all of us examples of our cards. (or Christmas projects)
OK lets go…..!
You will need:
- Cream cardstock base 6″x8″ – score in middle and fold.
- Green lightly patterned cardstock (or plain) 2″x4″
- Patterned cardstock cut @ 4″x 2 3/4″ and 4″ x 1″ and a left over scrap bit.
- Foam adesive
- Black pen
- Hole piercer or needle
- Black ink pad
- Studio G – Holiday Clear stamps and Acrylic block
- Adhere down 4″ x 2 3/4″ patterned paper piece at the bottom of the card front.
- Adhere down 4″ x 1″ patterned paper piece at the top of the card front.
- Adhere down 2″ x 4″ piece of green card stock in between the patterned pieces leaving a small gutter above and below.
- Pierce a line of holes in the gutters.
- Draw lines between the pierced holes to represent faux stitching.
- Stamp “holiday” word bottom right of green strip of card stock in black.
- Stamp in a line the bauble in black on the green cardstock (I did it 6 times)
- Repeat bauble stamp on the left over patterned cardstock (I did 3)
- Cut out circle part of the baubles you just stamped
- Stick the circles on to the baubles on the card front with foam adhesive dots on every 1st bauble.
You are done!
Thanks for joining me on this new adventure.