Here is an art tutorial for you on how to “paint” a water colour look rose…
You will need:
200gsm white paper (i used smooth watercolour paper)
White gesso – brush
Craft matt or piece of plastic
1. Draw the rose lightly on the paper in pencil
2. Paint the rose with white gesso and around the rose.
I painted the petals and background separate leaving small gaps where the pencil marks were. Let the gesso dry.
3. Start colouring in the small parts of the petals of your rose
4. Spray the rose with water and let the gelatos run and blend into each other.
5. Blot up the large puddles of water carefully and lightly.
6. While wet shape your tissue and draw in the highlights of the petals…
7. Partially dry with heat gun if you have one… If not let air dry a little.
8. Partly colour the leaves and spray them as you did before with the rose
You will be getting spray splatters around your rose… This adds character for the background.
9. Your “painting” should be still a little damp so nows the time to blend in lightly the parts where the Gelatos still look like crayons on the surface with the sponge tip blender…
10. With the grey gelato draw a line around the bottom of your rose…
11. Blend with the rubber tip applicator from the rose out – blending colour into white background.
12. Spray the grey area with water tipping the paper so that you get runs…
13. Rub your grey gelato on your craft matt or piece of plastic, spray it with water and using a stencil brush dab into it a then run your finger over it while over your rose… Creating splatters for the background. Using the tissue to lightly lift the splatters up that go onto the rose itself.
14. Using Acqua Dolce rub it directly in the top two corners of your picture…
15. Draw in the leaf veins with the darker green then blend with rubber tip tool.
16. Do the same with red in the rose
17. You are finished!
You can add words if you want…
Thanks so much for dropping by.
I do hope you learnt something and have a go yourself.